Re: [Amps] TenTec Titan 425

To: "Amps@contesting.com" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] TenTec Titan 425
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 10:12:49 -0700
On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 05:54:49 -0400, David J Windisch wrote:

>Hi, all concerned:

>I have 2 instances of this good amp and power supply.

>One has the SBY/OPR and VOLTAGE LO/HI switches above the POWER switch, and
>the other, more convenient to operate, has the STANDBY/OPERATE and CONTROL
>MODE CW/SSB switches above the POWER switch, and the VOLTAGE LO/HI switch on
>the power supply.

See my attempt to combine the schematics into a more coherent form. No
guarantees about accuracy, but several dozen sets of eyes have reviewed them,
and I've made a few corrections.

As near as I can tell, you CAN interchange the two versions of RF decks and
power supplies. I own three of these amps, two of one version and one of the
other. I have not run them "interchanged," but I've done that for testing and
nothing has blown up and it ran.

My website,  http://audiosystemsgroup.com/publish   has the schematics. They
are pdf files.

73,