Re: [Amps] 813's shot noise?

To: "jerome schatten" <romers@shaw.ca>, "Chuck Lewis" <n4nm@knology.net>, "Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 813's shot noise?
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:03:26 -0400
Hi Jerome,

Alas & alak, my HB 2x813 amplifier here was also cursed with that dreaded
"Ker-CHUNK!!!" from the robust T/R relay I employed whenever I'd start /
stop transmitting...

This past autumn I adopted a solution that may not be especially "elegant",
but it IS effective: I simply unbolted the relay from its sub-enclosure
(thus severing it from its "echo chamber") and wrapped it in a strip of
sponge / foam...

I actually have to strain my ears now to hear the linear switch over!

Try it, you're sure to like it as an improvement to your current situation.

~73!~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ