[Amps] Not OT

To: "Peter Junker" <dg6man@pjconsult.de>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Not OT
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 20:01:14 -0400
Real tubes have handles.

That leaves my 3-500's out

Real amps require 3 phase power

Its not even an option in this remote rural area

Real hams have a dedicated 200A service just for the hamshack

When I moved here and rebuilt the 1830 house the service was 60A. When I
updated to a 200A panel and new wiring the power company told me I didnt
need a new service from the pole, the old one was sufficient.

Real hams use at least 1 1/4" hardline out of necessity.

I use 3/4", 7/8", and 1" CATV hardline since the runs are long and the reels
were free

Carl
KM1H