[Amps] Silicone chimneys

To: Amplifiers <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Silicone chimneys
From: Dennis W0JX <w0jx@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 07:50:27 -0700 (PDT)
For external anode tubes, I use aircraft grade red silicone baffle material. It
comes in 9 foot rolls x 3 inches wide and is 1/8 in thick. It can handle up to
550 degrees F. Current price is $32.95 per roll from suppliers like Wag Aero,
Chief Aircraft, etc.  Sometimes you can buy it by the foot at a local aircraft
repair station.

  It works great for my 8877 amps. I don't glue it but make a tight friction
fit over the anode and staple it together and cover the staples with high
temperature tape.

  73, Dennis W0JX/8