Re: [Amps] Load Cap in TL-922A

To: <decaturbrad@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Load Cap in TL-922A
From: "Alex" <alexeban@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 01:59:13 +0300
...check at the backside of the spindle: a sizeable number of these cap
shave one complete with locknut. It sets the centering of the rotor inside
the stator and occasionally it loosens up. If  it’s one of those you’re in
luck. Connect a small 12V or so bulb with a battery from stator to ground
and try to adjust the screw while rotating the capacitor. You should find a
point where the lamp stays out during the rotation. Then the plates won’t
short together. The lamp is better than an ohmmeter because you don't have
to watch it: you perceive its light with your peripheral vision.
Alex    4Z5KS