Re: [Amps] Hammond Plate Transformer

To: "Dennis A. Homerick" <DHomerick@neo.rr.com>, "Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Hammond Plate Transformer
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 15:46:12 -0400
Hi Dennis,

I have the August 1956 issue of the Hammond transformer catalogue here in
front of me, & there are NO "model 2740" plate transformers listed in it at
all...

What they DO show are "X" mounted plate transformers with "type" numbers
listed from 710 to 733, and "tapped" plate transformers with "type" numbers
from 762-60 to 795-60, and "universal tapped primary & secondary" plate
transformers, with the "type" numbers of 757-60 & 767-60...

Nothing else --- at least not in THIS particular catalogue --- comes close
to matching the "type" number you reference.

Perhaps yours either pre-dates '56, or was manufactured sometime afterward.
In any event, I'm sorry I couldn't have been more helpful to you...

Good luck!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ