[Amps] AL82 question - oddity

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] AL82 question - oddity
From: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:48:52 -0700 (PDT)

I just got a "used" AL82 on the air with new 3-500Z (Taylor) tubes.
Works great on all bands but show something I've never seen on 10 meters.  On
10 meters the plate current and grid current fluctuate slightly when loaded to
around 1000 watts or so...the output does not fluctuate on the two watt meters
I have in line...and the plate voltage does not fluctuate.  Driving it with a
new K3

Any ideas as to what this means?

Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is
Common Sense divine?