Re: [Amps] Basler Electric Transformer

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Basler Electric Transformer
From: Mel <itz_da_police@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 09:37:28 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks Gary, I have already shot them an email, I hope they get to it soon.

I am looking at my Radio Amateur's Handbook for the year 1977; they have a
formula for estimating the wattage capacity for an unknown transformer.  You
multiply the area of the windings times the thickness of the laminated core and
compare the product to a graph for the answer.

Problem with the formula and the graph is that it only goes up to "4" being
about 500 watts while, I have a product of "35".  It's kind of hard to
extrapolate the chart past the 1000 watt point.

Mel