[Amps] Replacement Meters

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Replacement Meters
From: "Jeff Carter" <amps@hidden-valley.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 21:48:42 -0400
Hello all,

In the past, there's been several ideas on this reflector about
replacement Heathkit meters.  One of my personal favorites was that
somebody figured out the other Heathkit projects that had the same
meter movement, and scavenged meters from that source.

I'm about to begin the faceplate portion of my SB-220 rebuild, and I
see that there's nothing magical about the meters, they're just 200 uA
meter movements.  I'd like to buy new meters.

Do any of you have any favorite sources of *new* 200 uA meters that
meet the mechanical specs, i.e., that will fit in the space allotted?

Jeff/KD4RBG