[Amps] Parts and PS for your MRF150 project

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Parts and PS for your MRF150 project
From: "Anthony Rick" <asrick@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 20:24:14 -0500
I have just about everything one needs to complete a solid state amplifier
based on the EB104 design.  This is a 600 W amplifier design based around
four MRF150 power MOSFETs in a push-pull configuration.

Here is what I have:

Two RF power amplifier boards, each with a pair of MRF150 transistors and
two pairs of lower power MOSFETs.  Each board is fastened to a large 12 x
8.5 in heat sink with BNC connectors.

Chassis and cabinet from a TS-180S transceiver (12.5 x 11 x 5 in).

Two switching power supplies to choose.  One is a Delta NC585 48 VDC rated
at 20 A on 120 VAC and 35 A on 220 VAC.  It is very compact and one could
probably take the boards out and mount them directly into the cabinet.  The
rear blade contacts are 48 VDC but the fans are 12VDC so relays etc. can be