Re: [Amps] Cleaning Roller Inductors

To: "John Farber" <kg6i@hughes.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Cleaning Roller Inductors
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 07:40:38 -0400
Hi John,

I use a soft cloth soaked in isopropyl rubbing alcohol to wipe clean all of
my roller inductors (employ one ach in my transmatch, as well as me HB
linear amplifier)...

I hold the dampened cloth against the coil body & turn the crank a few
times, back & forth (amazing how blackened the cloth becomes from grime &
dirt previously unseen!).

The final touch is made by adding a couple of DROPS of castor oil onto the
roller mechanism, & all moving parts.

This technique has worked for me in excess of 30 years now.

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ