Re: [Amps] Transformer reliability? 34yr old Collins...

To: Jim Tonne <tonne@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transformer reliability? 34yr old Collins...
From: Scott McGrath <mcgrath@fas.harvard.edu>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 09:33:07 -0400
You can bake it in a 175-200 degree oven for 6-12 hours and that will
dry it out.   Do this while XYL is out.    Barring that get a pound or
two of silica gel from a craft store and place it and xfrmr in a sealed
container for a couple of weeks in a warm place (top of furnace) comes
to mind

The bakeout is still the best bet though.

- Scott N1JIN