Re: [Amps] Glitch resistor

To: "Bill English" <bill@k4fx.net>, "Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Glitch resistor
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 09:03:15 -0500
The inductance is of no concern as it is after the plate choke and is in
nichrome wire. L2 in the SB-220 can cause a problem since it is self
resonant right around the 3-500 parasitic frequency. With just the
control right settings the strays and the RF cage become a nice cavity
oscillator.

Every amp should have a glitch resistor, 15-20 Ohms and a 20-25W
vitreous enamel type only. Mouser carries Ohmite and Vishay/Dale.

Carl
KM1H