Re: [Amps] Linear Amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Linear Amps
From: "Richard Schmuke" <rdj@wildblue.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 12:22:36 -0600
I must agree with both Chas, K5DAM and Eddy, VE3CUI. I love to make things
but after settling down from retirement and cancer. I find my mind is not
quite what it was 40 years ago, don?t know if its age or sucking down too
much morphine with the cancer. I still do my antennas and tilt ups and
tuners but no new amps on the horizon.  I keep telling myself I will
complete one more small one, have most of the parts ready. I still like to
read the mail in the group.
All are different, it would be dull if we are were from the same mold.

Rich , KDØZZ
Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling or facts are transmission errors.

On 30th November, Chas wrote:

"...Those are a LOT of skills for anyone who has not been learning and
excercising all of them pretty much constantly over the last 30 yrs or so.
Unfortunately, many of us have spent those valuable years doing other things
like, raising families, fighting in wars, fighting debilitating diseases,
trying to make a living in fields far abroad from HF electronics and SO
ON...."

Hi Chas,

Well, believe you me, I haven't exactly been letting the proverbial grass
grow under my B-hind here either for the 37+ years that I've been a Ham!

Non-homebrewers --- IMHO --- really and truly are missing a core element of
what makes one a Ham. Our mantra USED to be that the fraternity was composed
of  "...tinkerers and experimenters"...I shall continue to try to personally
live up to that philosophy for as long as I might continue to be fortunate
enough to stay one step ahead of the ranks of Silent Keys, Hi Hi...

~73!~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ