[Amps] Fan Dust Filter

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Fan Dust Filter
From: "Robert Carroll" <w2wg@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 09:03:36 -0500
After 20 years or so, the dust filter on the external fan on my Alpha 86 is
disintegrating.  This is a square of almost paper-thin foam which fits in a
frame on the input side of the fan.   It looks a little like the material
which used to be present in window air conditioner units.  I suspect it is
critical that the material not decrease air flow but that the pores in it be
small enough to stop the dust.  Perhaps Alpha would sell a replacement, but
hopefully I can find a local source of the material.  Can anyone suggest
where to look?

73

Bob W2WG