Re: [Amps] shielded HV connector

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] shielded HV connector
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 08:17:14 +0000
For total safety I prefer SHV connectors. It's not possible to touch the
centre pin on either half accidentally and they guarantee to make the
ground first and break it last when mating. They use RG58 cable which is
conveniently small and flexible and comfortably handles all realistic
supply voltages.

Sure, they cost a bit more than the alternatives, but how much is your
life worth?

Steve