Re: [Amps] plate bypass caps

To: <hrd998cc@yahoo.com>, "'Jim W7RY'" <w7ry@arrl.net>, <amps@contesting.com>, "'k7fm'" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] plate bypass caps
From: "Alex Eban" <alexeban@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 09:57:32 +0200
...OK guys! Just please remember: the RF current at the choke's base can be
quite high, so RF withstanding current must be quite high!
Apart from that, it's better to use different kinds of capacitor in
parallel, rather than one alone, except if it is made especially for high
current duty: one value in the tens of nanofarads for the very low
frequencies, one or two ceramic units for the higher frequencies. I measured
RF currents in the Ampere range on a 1200W PEP amplifier.
Alex    4Z5KS