[Amps] Parts for 3-500Z amplifier

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Parts for 3-500Z amplifier
From: Glen Zook <gzook@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 08:02:22 -0800 (PST)
I am in the process of designing/building a single 3-500Z amplifier for 160
meters only (I have several linears that work on 80 through 10 meters).  What I
need is a filament transformer (5.0 volts center-tapped at least 15 amps) and
some suggestions for the final tank coil (size, number of turns, etc.).  I can
build the filament choke although finding one ready made at a "good" price
would be better.

The other power supply components are already on hand (plate transformer, etc.)
as are the tube, socket, blower, variable capacitors, and so forth.  I have all
sorts of things to trade but can purchase if not too expensive.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com