Re: [Amps] AL 80B Question

To: w2wg@comcast.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL 80B Question
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 17:01:35 EST
To my knowledge the AL-80B amp was never intended for use on 30 meters AND  I
am not aware that it has a bandswitch position for 30 meters..  The  reason
you are not getting much power output is because if you are using it in  the 20
meter position for 30 meters, the tank circuit and the input circuit will  be
too far off resonance for the amp to load properly.  For the amp to work
properly on 30 meters, the tank coil would have to be re-tapped somewhere
between the 40 and 20 meter positions and the input circuit would have to be
re-tuned accordingly.  I am not a bit surprised at what you are reporting
taking
this into consideration.  The amp simple was never designed for that  band.  Lou
steps!
cemailfooterNO62)