Re: [Amps] Silver plated braid

To: <d.cutter@ntlworld.com>, "'AMPS'" <amps@contesting.com>, "'Bob Maser'" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Silver plated braid
From: "Alex Eban" <alexeban@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 08:37:29 +0200
...why do you need silver plated braid?
At these frequencies the copper conducts almost as well as silver plated
metal!
In a plate tank circuit the impedances are reasonably high, so that the few
milliohms gained from plating have almost no effect!
Even in the GRC 106 kW amplifier (military!), we didn't use silver plating,
except for esthetic purposes. Take regular solder coated braid or
desoldering braid and enjoy!!
Alex    4Z5KS