[Amps] FS: AMATEUR RADIO COMPNENTS SERVICE (W2GN) High Voltage Power Sup

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] FS: AMATEUR RADIO COMPNENTS SERVICE (W2GN) High Voltage Power Supply
From: Christopher Best <kb3dxr@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:20:43 -0800 (PST)
AMATEUR RADIO COMPNENTS SERVICE (W2GN) High Voltage Power Supply - Model 1000A

I picked up this power supply a few years ago from the estate of a deceased
ham, and really didn't know what it was until last years.  This is an ARCOS
built power supply power supply for 6m and 2m W2GN amplifiers.  Fred’s build
quality on this supply is outstanding, and I would hate to see this unit go
unused any further. I have placed the data sheet with schematic at
www.oldqso.com/ARCOS_PS.pdf . It appears that this power supply has not been
placed into service and has sat idle for 34 years.  I have not tested it
because I do not trust the electrolytic capacitors enough to risk it.  If
anyone is interested, please let me know and I will get some pictures taken
tonight, answer any question, and start horse trading.

73,
Christopher, KB3DXR

Specifications from Datasheet

Size H x W x D 9 x 17 x 10

Weights 45 lbs.

Input voltage: 230 or 115 VAC.

Outputs: HV - 2250VDC no load - 2000V @ 0.5 Amp. (CCS) - 1900 V 1 Amp. (SSB)

SCREEN - 380 VDC regulated to approximately 0.020 Amps.

Bias : Adjustable from 56 to 95 V. - regulated. Idling bias (cut-of ) 135 V
unregulated.

FILAMENT: 6 Amps. Adjustable from 5.5 to 6.5 VAC.

FEATURES :

HV transformer specially designed and manufactured by Peter Dahl Co. for this
application.

Rectifier stack specially designed and manufactured by CSdc for this application

28 mfd. of filter on HV. 100 mfd on bias supply.

Zener regulation of screen supply.

Zener regulation of bias supply.

Blower receptacle provided.

Delay circuit to maintain cut-off bias until tubes warm up.

Protective Features; Switch type circuit breakers 10 and 15 amp for 230V, 15
amp for 115V

Screen fuses 0.1 Amp

Transformer secondary fuse - 2 Amp.

10 ohm resistor in seriess with diodes.

Provision for metering PA plate current and plate voltage

Control jack (P/T) provides for external control of bias for cut-off of PA
plate current during standby.

Fully protected and shielded HV connector. C-J connector for low voltage.