Re: [Amps] Alpha 77Dx Filament - No Free Lunch

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 77Dx Filament - No Free Lunch
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 07:46:34 +0000
Where the intermittent connection bring about a short across the
heater supply, is it robust enough to carry the short circuit
current and take out a 15A fuse? I'd guess that the arcing when
the contact occurred might cause further damage.

Can you rearrange the circuit to remove the dc connection between
heater and cathode, so it doesn't matter where in the tube an
intermittent connection crops up?

Steve