[Amps] 8877 TV amplifier retrofit

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 8877 TV amplifier retrofit
From: Felipe Ceglia - PY1NB <felipeceglia2@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:11:02 -0200
Hello folks,

I have in hands a TV amplifier which uses an 8877 tube which I'd like to
convert it for 144Mhz.
Unfortunately I dont know what the original frequency is, and which
parts I can use for the new project.

I placed a 2k resistor from plate to ground, and the MFJ antenna
analyzer on the output, I could get a dip of 1:8 SWR near 86Mhz, so I
take a guess that it might be for VHF channel 6.

Do you think it should be possible to convert it to 144mhz saving some
parts? The shorting bars looks nice.

A couple of pics of it may be found at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/FelipeCeglia/Vhf8877Amp

73 and thanks for your help in advance,