Re: [Amps] SB200 and Genie garage door opener

To: w8nf@yahoo.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB200 and Genie garage door opener
From: W4AWM@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:38:45 EST
Be sure to read the part 15 notice in your GDO owners manual.

I had a similar occurrence due to a nearby lightning strike. Control worked
fine but when activated, the door traveled past the limit switches and the
motor  kept running. The problem was in the logic board. Frankly, I don't see
why
they  have to make controls for a GDO so complicated when a handful of cheap
relays  will accomplish the same task and render the circuit relatively RF
proof.

73,

 John,  W4AWM