[Amps] 3CPX800A7

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 3CPX800A7
From: Charles Bibb <zedkay@telepak.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 09:36:57 -0600
Need a little info guys:

I found the data sheet for the 3CPX800A7 at the CPI/Eimac website,
but this data sheet looks as though a few things have been left
off.  They say the tube is "intended for use in zero bias class B
amplifiers in pulsed radio frequency applications".

However, if I were using it in a grounded grid application, would I
not bias it?  I don't see any data on bias voltage.  What is typical?
and what should the zero-signal (idle) anode current be?  Also, what
is the typical maximum grid current?

My first homebrewed amp (now sitting on the shelf) used a single
3-500.  The HV supply transformer loafed along with one 3-500, so I'm
thinking of a conversion to this tube with not than many modifications.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for more detailed specs on
this tube?

TIA,

Charles - K5ZK