[Amps] 3CPX1500A7

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 3CPX1500A7
From: "k9wms-1" <k9wms@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 22:35:53 -0600
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the group and working on building an amp.  I'm planning to use a
triode and have acquired several "generic" items for the project.  It's now
time to choose a tube to build around and I have considered both the 8877
and a pair of 3CPX800's.  Today I was pointed to Harbach's site (even though
it's one of my bookmarks) where they have a 3CPX1500A7 available at an
attractive price.

I went to Eimac's spec sheet and, unlike most of their other spec sheets,
there is no data for using this tube in a class AB1 or similar grounded grid
configuration.  Normally I would say that this is a 3CX1500 designed for
pulse use much as the 3CX800 & 3CPX800 series.  But there are some notable
differences in the basic electrical spec's of the tube.  And they only show
plate voltages of 10k and 15k.

Is anyone in the group familiar with this Pulse version of the tube?  Is it
really a 3CX1500 designed for pulse use?  I have been unable to find any
data to show normal and max volts/current for the 3CPX.

Any comments or information would be greatly appreciated.

73,

Dennis/K9WMS