Re: [Amps] Metron/TWE 500 watt SS amp - need help!

To: North Pole <w8ccy@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Metron/TWE 500 watt SS amp - need help!
From: Chuck & Vicki Tifft <cftifft@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:12:56 -0800
My manual says the idle current should be 4 amps...If not, to check
adjustment of R3 (bias adjustment)..If the idle current can not be set
to about 4 amps (.625 vdc on the bases of the 454's) if not then to
check the Q1/Q2 bias circuit operation...Let me know if you need more
info. I have the complete manual ( a photocopy, that cost me $65 from
Trans-world)..Sounds to me like an adjustment should do it for you, as
the amps seem to be working. Current should be 45 to 60 amps on voice peaks.
73's
Chuck
W6RD