[Amps] Some stuff for sale

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Some stuff for sale
From: Larry <larry@w7iuv.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:24:37 -0800
Time flies when you're having fun! It's hard to believe that I've been
"collecting" parts for over 50 years now. However it's become painfully
obvious that I'll never live long enough to finish all those projects
that I've collected parts for. So in order to concentrate on those
projects that I have some hope of completing, I've decided to do an
"inventory reduction". I hope to be posting some of the "treasures" that
might appeal to the AMPS crowd over the next few weeks.

I'm not going to give this stuff away. The last thing I want is to give
somebody a "good deal" and see it show up on ebay two weeks later. If
there is something you want/need, and my price is out of line, email me
with "comparables" and I'll see what I can do. Email direct with
questions. I can provide digital images on request.

Shipping is a bitch. No way around it, it costs more to ship some of
this stuff than it's worth. If you inquire about something, provide your
zip code so I can give you an idea of the shipping cost. Note that I
will not ship outside the USA under normal circumstances.

I'll start with some sockets. At one time I thought I might build a
bunch of 8877 amps. That lunacy has passed and I'm left with a LOT of 7
pin Septar sockets. These sockets fit the 832A/829B/3E39/5894/6907 type
tubes as well as the 4-65A and of course the 8877/3CX1500A7

Johnson type 247, ceramic, 2.625 inches square, silver plated contacts.
Used, good condition, some solder residue on terminals. This is
identical to the socket Henry sells on ebay for 24.95 plus 8.95
shipping. $10 ea. plus shipping.

Johnson type 247A, ceramic, 2.4 inches square. A "compact" version of
the above socket, no silver. Used, good condition, some solder residue
on terminals. $9 ea. plus shipping.

Johnson type 122-101-200. Round ceramic, silver plated contacts, with an
aluminum flange for below chassis mounting. This socket was designed for
the 829B and similar tubes but the 8877 should fit it OK. It has "hold
down clips" that must be removed or modified for 8877 use. The flange
can be removed so the ceramic can be screwed directly to the chassis.
NOS, unused! $5 ea. plus shipping.

Johnson type 122-105-2. This is a more compact version of the above
socket intended originally for the 5894 type tube. No hold down clips on
this one. The "flange" can be removed leaving a very compact socket that
can be mounted to the chassis with three short metal spacers and allow
extremely short connections between the grid pins and ground. This will
also allow a bit of extra space above the chassis for finger stock to
connect to the grid ring. Used but good condition. $4 ea. plus shipping.

I have one Septar socket which is unsuitable for an 8877. It has
built-in bypass capacitors on the 829/5849 scree, cathode and filament
pins. This is a very good socket for a retro VHF amp using one of these
tubes. Used. $4 plus shipping.

Also in the inventory are a number of vintage 4 pin sockets. Johnson
type 209/210/211 types available. Email me with your needs.

I have one Johnson type 213 socket. This is a weird 4 pin socket,
doesn't fit any tube I've ever seen. It also doesn't show up in my
1938-39 E. F. Johnson catalog. Anybody got any idea what this is for?
You can have it for $10 plus shipping.

Thanks for looking.

73, Larry

--