Re: [Amps] turns = henries question

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] turns = henries question
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@doctorgary.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 16:33:11 -0500
Thanks for the on & off list replies,

As I just mentioned in my most recent post, what exists that was in
the amp is a plate choke which consists of 23 guage wire on a coil
form of .676" OD. There are 45 turns per inch and the length of the
windings on the coil form is 4.052" long.

The schematic calls for 60 uH and the tubes are a pair of 3cX800A7
with 2.4 KV on the plate. On & off list replies say this kind of coil
equates to a higher value in uH but the schematic says 60 uH so I'm
kinda lost at this point.

The schematic has erred before so perhaps this is but another mis-
value on the schematic? Ie: This same schematic calls for a 40 meter
padder cap on the 40 meters but none is present from the factory.

Sigh...

Gary
KA1J