[Amps] Drake Power supply plug.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Drake Power supply plug.
From: "James Bloomfield" <rn23crna@windstream.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 20:13:33 -0500

         Good Morning,

         I 'think' I 'might' have found the long time problem with the
Drake L4-B

         Amp that I have.

         While in the process of opening the Amp. and going to do a
visual and smell test

         when I discovered the connector had black areas on two of the
pins.  Like it

had not been connecting correctly/tightly.  The female end has
contacts that go on either side of   the male end.  The contacts in
question will not 'grip' a screwdriver as

tightly as the other contacts.

The connector is on the end of the power cord that goes from the Power
supply

For the L4-B

It looks similar to the connector listed below.

http://www.surplussales.com/ComputerAccess/Cinch-JonesInterconnect.htm

8 Blade Female - Inline
Cinch Jones

(CNE) S2408CCT
Cinch Jones 8 blade female - inline connector. Metal hood. No strain
relief. 15 amp

I would like to purchase a new connector if anyone can direct me to a
source.

The part number might be P-2408-DB.  I believe

 there is a 15 amp and a 30 amp rated plug.

I can be contacted either on or of list at  KV4FE-at-ARRL-dot-net.

Jim

KV4FE

On the Suwannee River.