Re: [Amps] caps across rectifier diodes

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] caps across rectifier diodes
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 14:38:59 -0500
   This buzz is common. Often you can hear it in your shack but it is not
going out to the antenna.
It is most irritating when using direct conversion receivers. The BFO of
the receiver finds its way to the
power supply where the rectifier diodes modulate it at 120Hz rate as they
switch on and off and then it
gets reradiated and picked up by the receiver again. Capacitors across the
diodes usually cure that problem as
well.
73
Bill wa4lav