[Amps] w1qwj 6m Amp + W9QQ smps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] w1qwj 6m Amp + W9QQ smps
From: Paul Decker <kg7hf@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 02:20:49 +0000 (UTC)

Hello amp builders.

An update and a couple more questions.

A version of the w9qq power supply is moving forward, not quite at warp speed,
but forward none the less.   The clock module and clock amplifier section are
built up and tested.   I'm trying to workout a sane layout for the power
mosfets to facilitate decent cooling.   #18 HV (2000vdc) wire is on order as is
HV teflon tubing for it which should complete the transformer section.

Maybe when the ps is done, someone local ( southern NH) with an HV scope/probe
can help me take a look at how clean/dirty it is?

Once the power supply is mostly complete, I'll obviously start to focus heavily
on the RF deck, but I have done some work.  The dentron chassis went through
the dishwasher , unfortunately, I wasn't sneaky enough and got caught by the
(x) yl who wasn't happy about that.   (although I told her that she could
always buy me a parts washer)

Now for a couple of the questions, so I can think a bit ahead.

The w1qwj schematic is for a single 3cx800.   I'm pretty sure I physically have
room for two and would like to set myself up for a later addition of a second
one since I don't have a second tube, socket, or chimney right now.     What
sorts of things change when adding a second tube?   I'm guessing input and
output impedance.   For the untrained, how do i figure out how to compensate
for a second tube?   Right now I'm just looking for some high level information
to get me going in the right direction.    Even if it's "don't put a second
tube in" type of discussion.

Thanks,

Paul, kg7hf