Re: [Amps] Enabling 10 Meters: Dentron MLA-2500

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Enabling 10 Meters: Dentron MLA-2500
From: Ryan Foster <foster.ryan@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 12:17:36 -0400
Ah, thank you much.  Especially for adding the bit about 80 & 160 as
that is by far where it sees the most use since it came to me!

Ryan w8cya

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com> wrote:
> If the bandswitch moves to the 10M position then you only have to connect a
> #14 or #12 wire from the switch to the airwound coil at 3/12 turns from the
> end. This is at the bottom of the coil and inline with the 15M tap. Make
> sure you get a good solder flow on the coil especially, many irons and small
> guns arent up to the task.
>
> Do not use on 12M unless you  remove 3-4 turns from the plate choke.
>
> If you intend to use on 80/160 then add a .0047 or .01 @ 3KV disc cap at the
> base of that choke. Mouser carries these. Dentrons are notorious for blowing
> the PS and with only 500pf for a bypass RF gets into the electrolytics and
> they get a bit upset.
>
> Carl
> KM1H
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ryan Foster" <foster.ryan@gmail.com>

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they
should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of
independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would
include their own government." --George Washington