Re: [Amps] High SWR

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] High SWR
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 13:44:12 -0400
Ive never been successful at building an open wire fed antenna that
didnt have feedline radiation bwith resultant other problems. In the
real world its darn near impossible at this QTH. I finally gave up and
turned it into an SWL band antenna.

My old tech AM amps ( 250TH's, 813's, HK-454's) are now happily feeding
coax & antennas that is shared with the modern station. The switching
matrix has become a bit complicated but I havent blown up anything yet.

Carl
KM1H