[Amps] Donations wanted for http://www.g8wrb.org/

To: 'AMPS' <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Donations wanted for http://www.g8wrb.org/
From: "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 09:45:19 +0100
Many of you have no doubt made use of

http://www.g8wrb.org/

for data sheets on tubes, information on the YC156 or whatever else you
found interesting.

Due to the space and bandwidth requirements, this is expensive to host
professionally. Gordon Hudson GM4SVM came to my rescue, as he was the MD
of Hostroute who are a hosting company. He agreed to provide
complimentary hosting. This worked well for several years.

However, it would appear GM4SVM is no longer the MD, so Hostroute have
declined to renew the free hosting. So now the site is hosted on my own
network, which is really not up to the job. The volume of data
transfered at the site means it slows my network considerably and is
slow for others to access.

If anyone who feels they have made good use of the site, and would like
to donate towards the hosting costs, please visit and donate something.
Hopefully then the site will become professionally hosted again have
much better performance.

More info at http://www.g8wrb.org/why_donate/