[Amps] transformer winding

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] transformer winding
From: "Paul Kraemer" <elespe@lisco.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 15:28:45 -0500
I have a copy of an excellent article on custom transformer design and
winding if anyone is interested I'll make a copy to send to you. A real
hands on how to treatment of the subject.
BTW an excellent source of EI laminations is discarded industrial control
transformers. These are used to step down the 480 or 240 line volts to 120
volt (or 24volt) for controls in machine tools and other factory items.
Typically 50va up to a couple kva in open frame design (not potted). Check
with maintenance electricians in factories or industrial junk yards.
Paul K0UYA