Re: [Amps] Alpha 77 blower

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 77 blower
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 06:57:18 -0400
> No doubt this has been covered in depth elsewhere, but not having found
> it is there any way for someone with only average mechanical skill to
> service/replace the blower bearing(s), or perhaps the whole unit?  I
> understand from his website N4UQ will do the repair, but I would really
> rather not ship the monster if I can avoid it.

Jim,

Back in the early '90s, I serviced the bearings on a 77Dx blower.  It was
not difficult and as I recall, it uses a standard bearing.  I purchased mine
through a local industrial bearing supplier as an off-the-shelf item.

Glenn at Alpha should be able to supply you with the bearing type.

Paul, W9AC