[Amps] ALC setup

To: <amps@contesting.com>, <rfamplifiers@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Amps] ALC setup
From: "Steve Flood" <kk7uv@bresnan.net>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 06:11:23 -0600
I am putting together a simple ALC circuit for my homebrew amp and TS870.  The
ALC circuit is found in Orr, K8RA Hanbook amp, K5DR webpage, etc.  It uses a
capacitive divider off the RF input line and a variable DC supply.   My TS870
requires a -6 to -20v range for ALC adjustment as per the manual.  So I'm
having some trouble figuring out what capacitor values I need in the divider.
I tried this in SPICE but cannot get the modeled circuit to generate negative
voltage.

Thanks,
Steve KK7UV