Re: [Amps] RF power transistor curve trace question

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] RF power transistor curve trace question
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@fs2.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 12:21:59 +0100
> 2. I do not know about transistor ballasting. Is there a standard way to
> measure it? Are there standard values? What value would be sufficient to
> operate in class AB?

A method I used when on the manufacturing side was to put a
defined current (typically a few 100s mA) through the b-e junction
then measure the c-e voltage with a DVM. To all intents and
purposes the voltage you measure is that across the emitter
resistor so, knowing the current, you can calculate Re. Expect
values in the low tenths of ohms.

Steve