Re: [Amps] Sweep tube amp by DL9AH, made by HB9AWI

To: Alex Eban <alexeban@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Sweep tube amp by DL9AH, made by HB9AWI
From: Angel Vilaseca <avilaseca@bluewin.ch>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 09:10:05 +0200
Hi Alex,

An interesting idea, but since there is plenty of room in the tank
circuit compartment of the amp, I think I will first try replacing the
Fuchskreis with a pi-circuit, if the anode impedance of the 5 pentodes
in parallel allows it.

There is another enigma with this amp: Instead of having the 5 anode
nipples connected together with pieces of wire, there is an angled plate
about 2 x 3 inches above the tubes and 3x3 inches on the side made of
sheet metal and PCB that connects the anode connectors together and to
the plate cap and HV coil. Never saw such a thing!
I wonder if this is for matching purposes, to add some capacitance from
anodes to ground? Quite awkward I think, especially considering that the
whole plate is at anode voltage!

Thanks for your comments

Vy 73 de Angel Vilaseca HB9SLV