Re: [Amps] 4-1000A in LK2000

To: "'Dave white'" <mausoptik@btinternet.com>, "'RICHARD SOLOMON'" <w1ksz@q.com>, "'Amplifier Reflector'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4-1000A in LK2000
From: "Alex Eban" <alexeban@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 22:19:27 +0300
I would like to remind a point peculiar to GG amplifiers: there is an effect
called transferred power. Part of the drive power appearing at the input is
transferred to the amplifier's output and it gets summed up with the power
produced by the stage itself. This occurs because the power applied to the
input- apart from generating the driver voltage across the cathode
impedance- has nowhere to go but to the output through the tube. Since the
energy generated by the tube and the driver are in-phase they get added and
thus a percentage of the drive is actually transmitted. This is something
occurring only in grounded grid configuration and tends to compensate for
the lower μ resulting from the zero voltage on the screen. Besides, a GG
amplifier with a 4-1000 has a power gain of about 10-11 dB, less than what
it would give with a full complement of operating voltages, but more linear.
Alex   4Z5KS