[Amps] Alpha 77 (8877) exhaust temp?

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 77 (8877) exhaust temp?
From: Jim Barber <audioguy@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 15:28:27 -0700
All this talk about seals, temperatures and sensors has me wondering
what would be a reasonable, conservative guessestimate of the maximum
safe exhaust temperature on an Alpha 77? (single 8877, grounded grid)

I really need to rebuild the blower anyway; a potential project might be
a temp sensor peeking into the silicone-rubber chimney and a small board
with a uP and husky PWM fan speed controller. It would require
converting the blower over to a (potentially larger) DC unit, but I've
seen that done before. It could stand the addition of some rubber
isolation gaskets while we're at it, too. (transmits a lot of vibration
through my station desk)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jim, N7CXI