Re: [Amps] Commander HF-1250 problems

To: "'Doug Ferguson'" <thenewt@msn.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Commander HF-1250 problems
From: "Mike & Becca Krzystyniak" <k9mk@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:33:16 -0500
Doug,

    I have an early model Commander amp with a similar HV problem.  Turns
out they used a type of 1 Meg metering resistors that ages.  Over time the
1Meg Ohm value shifted some up 40-50% and the 1 Megs shifted up to 1.5Meg
ohm.  I bought some new 1 meg ohms from Mouser, replaced all the old ones,
and my reported 1800V went back up to 2700V more or less.  Caveat emptor:
This may or may not be your problem.

   Regarding your power output, going to 220v might help some.  Don't give
up on the amp.  Aside from the resistor problem, mine has not skipped a beat
in 15 years...

73's  Mike K9MK