Re: [Amps] Grounded Grid (Screen) 4CX250B power gain

To: "'DF3KV'" <df3kv@t-online.de>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Grounded Grid (Screen) 4CX250B power gain
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 22:01:37 -0500
Definitions:

The Collins 30S1 is called a "cathode driven" amplifier not a "grounded
grid" amplifier. Even though the grid and screen are at RF ground the DC
grid and screen voltages are not at ground. They have normal grid and screen
voltages applied so the tube can operate in AB1, no grid current.

73
Gary  K4FMX