Re: [Amps] HT-33A

To: <plamarc1@verizon.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HT-33A
From: Charles Harpole <k4vud@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 02:33:53 +0000
I'd say $300 for users and $800 to collectors.
Problem with all old rigs are old caps.  Best
idea is just change them all out at once and
relax.  My Ten Tec Titan I power supply has
cap problems, I changed out many and put
sleeving over several disks that were mounted
very close together.  The replacement filter
caps in the p.s. originals were HUGE, six inches
long and inch diameter.  The replacement ones
are less than two inches long and one inch in dia.
Now the p.s. echos with all that new open space.
73,

Charles Harpole
k4vud@hotmail.com