[Amps] amp update and question

To: Amps <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] amp update and question
From: Dan Sawyer <dansawyer@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 19:17:03 -0700
The progress to 'adapt' an ENI amplifier to ham use is continuing,
although suffering some from other summer activities. The current status is:

     1. biasing is working, based on a simple resistor diode circuit.
     2. the amp response is flat from about 4 mhz to 20 mhz

The circuit is different than I have seen, DC power is delivered through
a pair of torroids. The path is through two independent, 13 turn, split
torroids. This seems to be an alternative to the phasing transformer
design. Questions:

     1. do independent non connected torroids act similar to a phasing
transformer (I suspect they do not.)
     2. Each torroid is split through the torroid between the input
winding and the output winding. What is the purpose of the split?

The circuit has three sets of torroids and an RC feedback loop. What is
the most straightforward way of determining the components limiting
response. I would like to have it work from 160 through 10 meters.

As always thank you for your input and help. Dan