[Amps] Unsubscription et all

To: "Amps@Contesting.Com" <amps@contesting.com>
From: "Edwin Karl" <edk0kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 16:29:22 -0500
Gentlemen-

I think we continue to spend more time with innocuous B.S.. about
personalities
and who said what to whom than actual discussions about amplifiers ...

Having said that, I fail to understand how a short piece of different type
of wire can reduce parasites. After all a resistor is across the coil
whether
it be silver plated strap or nichrome.

Therefore it follows (or so it seems to me, the veteran of transmitter
plants in broadcasting for 45 years) that the resistor :

a. takes up the unwanted energy of the parasite and converts it to heat
(otherwise how come so many suppressors fail because the resistor is cooked)
b. reduces the "Q" of the overall circuit

The stray capacitance and the stray inductance coupled with the yeah many
turns of whatever make a tuned circuit somewhere near 110 Mhz or so. Like
magic the oscillation is tamed, there is joy and dancing in the streets.

Having said all that, my purpose is NOT to stir the pot but actually help
to end this silly dribble. In fact, someone back long ago (in a place
far far away) came up with the traditional suppressor circuit. It works
in thousands of amplifiers, and has worked for a long time.

I really don't give a damm why it works or hearing long techno babble about
it. I don't think personal attacks are necessary or appropriate. If someone
speaks poorly of another, no one is appointed super sheriff to silence the
uneducated and unkempt.

It works and I'm a happy guy!