Re: [Amps] GG amplifier input impedance

To: ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] GG amplifier input impedance
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 15:18:26 EDT
Another way to look at feed through power is the drive power causes an rf
voltage to appear between the cathode and ground. This voltage is in series
with  the plate voltage and the plate power input is raised by the amount of
the added  cathode voltage. The output power will increase along with the
input  power.

The tube and circuit has a given plate efficiency and that efficiency
applies to the added cathode voltage. So, it would seem that some of drive
power
 would be lost in the process.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 8/26/2009 2:09:47 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com writes:

>    Grid to Cathode impedance of a tube
> is the  grid to cathode voltage divided by the
> grid  current!!!

I wouldn't be so quick to say that.   Nothing is that simple.
The load on a grounded grid amplifier  is seen by the amplifier's driver.
(I assume as long as the GG  amplifier is drawing plate current)
A good percentage of the driving power  winds up in the grounded grid
amplifier's load.
You drive  the cathode, the cathode is connected (through plate
current) to the plate  of the tube that is connected through matching
networks etc. to the  load.
--
Ron  KA4INM