Re: [Amps] Tube gain vs frequency

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tube gain vs frequency
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 17:37:12 -0400

> This discussion would not be complete without mention of
> tubes which actually take advantage of the transit time
> effect - TWT's (Traveling Wave Tubes) and Klystrons. There
> may be others too. I haven't kept up with recent technology
> in this area.

Add to the list the Klystrode (r) or Inductive Output Tube
(IOT) and the Diacrode.  There may be other devices that
combine multiple technologies - like the multi stage depressed
collector IOT (MSDC IOT) - but it's been a few years since I
last worked with the high power UHF devices.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV