[Amps] Not the Diacrode

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Not the Diacrode
From: "John Lyles" <jtml@losalamos.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 19:38:00 -0600
The Diacrode is a decent high power UHF tube, it is a double-ended tetrode, but
it has the same transit time effects as a similar "bottom" circuited tetrode.
It merely allows placement in the center of a resonant circuit instead of
at the end, placing a more favorable portion of the voltage standing wave
across the active length of the anode/screen region. It does improve on most of
the other factors discussed that limit high power at high frequencies, such as
lead inductance and screen dissipation. I am working with one of these tubes at
present, a TH628. Try Googling this part number.

73
John
K5PRO